Re: SL3/4

From: BillK (pharos@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 02:03:15 MDT

On 5/26/06, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> SL4 for the easily shocked, SL3 for the hardened futurists. For someone
> like me, corroborating evidence is a big deal, and I thought this story
> was very interesting. It covers robotic control through an MRI machine.
> Details are sketchy -- does anyone have any information on where this
> story came from?

The original news report came from Honda, Japan, (with more detail).
<http://world.honda.com/news/2006/c060524NewBrainMachine/>

The idea of this BMI technology is based on a highly acclaimed article
titled "Decoding the perceptual and subjective contents of the human
brain" by Dr. Yukiyasu Kamitani, a researcher at ATR Computational
Neuroscience Laboratories, which recently appeared in a leading
science journal, Nature Neuroscience.

You can buy the article from 'Nature', but a pdf file is available here:
<http://www.psy.vanderbilt.edu/tonglab/publications/Kamitani&Tong_NN2005.pdf

BillK