META: Philip Huggan banned from posting

From: Mitchell Howe (mitch.howe@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 20:53:15 MDT

[It is SL4 tradition to make public moderation notices if either the
Sniper or the Snipee wish it.]

Acting in my formal capacity as an appointed List Sniper of SL4, I have
requested Philip Huggan to stop posting to SL4. J. Andrew Rogers (the
other List Sniper), Yudkowsky, and myself concur that his recent posts
have been below SL4's quality standards. Please do not address further
questions or comments to Huggan via SL4 as he will be unable to respond
on-list.

That said, he is not the only one to blame, and I personally would
rather snipe threads than people. The furious pace of posting has made
this difficult, as has my own work schedule as of late. And our recent
threads have not been bad so much as diluted and incessant. I think the
breather afforded us by Eliezer's blanket KILLTHREAD* command will do us
some good.

No expiration date has been set on Huggan's ban, but I do not wish it to
be permanent.

--Mitch Howe
SL4 List Sniper