Re: Imposing ideas, eg: morality

From: m.l.vere@durham.ac.uk
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 12:37:48 MDT

Quoting Phillip Huggan <cdnprodigy@yahoo.com>:

> There are mc^2 configurations in the universe that yield high levels of
> desirable mind-states to individuals in the universe. These are the ultimate
> targets for an AGI. Obviously ve would need to weight the probability of
> success in making engineering decisions. I don't know about the rest of the
> Property Rights rant...

Especially considering the infinite number of possible posthuman mind-states
(but even with current human ones), how/by who is it arbitrated which mind
states are most desirable. This is my moral skepticism again - I dont believe
the question of which states are most desirable has an objective answer.
Thus (my original argument), it is foolish to have an AGI seek them out for
everyone - self-determination is therefore the best way.