Re: KILLTHREAD: Implanted magnets - not just yet....

From: ARGOSYPC@aol.com
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 16:19:45 MDT

Thank you for the welcome Robin.

Robin wrote :
Long answer: Depends on the technology. Massive changes in
computing power are SL4. Brain implants might be. Sticking magnets
in your flesh with crude surgery is very much not. We've had the
technology to do *that* since, what, the year 1000 or so?

But now we have high-pressure vaccination guns that can do it 10 seconds.
Fully sterile conditions. No "crude surgery" here. And the chips are smaller &
faster.

Implants and up-links will be an important part of the way forward.

And this link is almost 2 years old :

_http://www.gizmag.com/go/3503/_ (http://www.gizmag.com/go/3503/)

Paul C.