Re: the Singularity Summit and regulation of AI

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 15:02:51 MDT

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> ... Singularity skeptic ....[Stanford] gave us a list ....

SL4 Members: Who would you list as the top "Singularity skeptics"?

Though Stanford seems to define "Singularity skeptic" as someone who thinks that we should actively try to slow technological acceleration, I'm actually interested in learning of the top thinkers whose opinion you respect but who have argued that anything like a Singularity is very unlikely.

Joshua

Signup at www.doteasy.com