RE: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 18:43:39 MDT

> Good example on the videophone. Nevertheless, the
> videophone predictions of
> the 1960s were wrong, wouldn't you agree?

I'm a little young to remember what the predictions
of the 1960s were except the appearance of a video
phone in the movie 2001. We did in fact have two
way video conferencing in 2001 at work (Boeing),
and one way video from the space station. We could
have had two way video if the solar arrays didn't
get in the way of the satellite link.

(I wrote part of the manual for the onboard video
system for the Station)

DRN