Re: BLUE GENE and confusion about flops and tops and whistles

From: turin (turin@hell.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 19:20:41 MST

<turin wrote:
<> First I'd like to know how much is an exaflop and where that number comes from.
<
<That's not an appropriate question for SL4. Look it up.
<
<--
<Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://intelligence.org/
<Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

Excuse me, let me be more clear. I am not looking for a lesson in mathematics. I am in fact asking a question for SL4. I want to know why Russell Wallace said the CNS does 1-15 exaflops. I want to know his source or reasoning behind the claim. Compared to everything else I have read it seems very liberal.