Re: Memory as Simulation

From: Eric Rauch (erauch@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 18:31:58 MST

The Simulation argument is a cheap parlor trick. Here is an email I sent
it's creator showing its obsurdity:

*Dream=simulation?*
------------------------------
 * Eric Rauch <erauch@gmail.com> * * Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:41 AM * To:
nick.bostrom@philosophy.oxford.ac.uk
   Hey Nick,

I read the simulation argument and it seems to apply to dreams. I
have had a dream within a dream so it seems that if I adopted your
reasoning I would have to conclude that my waking life is almost
certainly a dream. Am I interpreting your theory correctly or do I
need to WAKE UP.

Thanks,

Eric