Re: My definitions of Intelligence, Consciousness, Mathematics and Universal Values

From: Marc Geddes (m_j_geddes@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 23:48:52 MST

--- Daniel Radetsky <daniel@radray.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:56:17 +1100 (EST)
> Marc Geddes <m_j_geddes@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > there is...mathematical (or logical) causality.
>
> (I strongly suspect I will regret this)
>
> Give me an example of mathematical/logical
> causality.
>
> Daniel

This is rather hard for me to do here, because I'm
trying to develop a radical new theory and won't talk
that here as I agreed.

Let's just say that that I see no reason why reality
should be 100% consistent (in mathematical terms).
Suppose mathematics was not in fact the single unitary
thing that mathematicians think it is? Suppose that
there are in fact several different kinds of
mathematics needed to fully capture reality
('dualities' is the technical term) and the different
kinds of math are not totally consistent with each
other?

It's also a dogma that mathematical truth is eternal
(time independent). I see no reason why this should
be so. Suppose that mathematical truth can in fact,
shift slightly with time?

Combine the two ideas above and you have an idea for
'mathematical causality'. Mathematical causality
could the process of the different kinds of
mathematics becoming more consistent with time.

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last day”