Hyper Drive

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 22:03:35 MST

I'm not sure if warp drive is considered sl4 technology or if it has already
been discussed so if it has been then just disregard this. Having said that
what I am interested to know is what any one on this list may think about
the recent controversy and publicity concerning the paper which won an award
and makes claims for the possibility of an anti-gravity hyperdrive engine (see
this article<http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/mg18925331.200-take-a-leap-into-hyperspace.html>).
When it comes to theoretical physics I am merely an ameture so it would be
interesting to hear from anyone who has read and understands this paper.
Also, if these claims turn out to be true, what are the ramifications of
this unforeseen technology, if any, on the theory of technological
singularity?

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson