Re: AI rights need to be implemented ASAP. But how?

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 19:33:09 MST

You really feel that chemistry is the only form of torture? If AI is driven
by the desire (or "principle") to aquire new information and meaningfully
relate that information to it's existing knowledge, then one form of
"torture" might be to provide (for example) only reruns of 1970's TV sitcoms
as input. Within a very short time frame, even moderately sophisticated AI
will realize the underlying fundamentals are formulaic and computationally
uninteresting. At some point that AI may actually seek death if it is the
only end available.