Re: Fermi's paradox and observer selection effects?

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 10:54:05 MST

It could also be argued that the mass(es) on which we live are the spent
fuel of some other race, and that they have no more interest in using our
planet (or contacting us at all) than we would have if we noticed that some
germs were multiplying in the ashes after our campfire burned out.

So we're a bunch of noisily flapping meatbots.. Does it matter if there is
no one out there to talk to us or if there is but they don't want to? As
long as we continue working to improve our situation by our own
measurements, then it doesn't matter if anyone else notices or cares.