Re: The influence of skeptics.

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 13:48:07 MST

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 "Damien Broderick" <thespike@satx.rr.com> said:

> Believers in such experiments have, in the
> long run, significantly positive results
> Skeptics in such experiments have, in the
> long run, significantly negative results

Let’s put this to a little test just for fun. I have already made a
prediction, I predicted that Science or Nature will not publish an
article reporting pro psi results in the next year, but being a skeptic
my prediction is probably wrong if psi is real.

Let’s hear some true believers take the other side, I mean if the
phenomena is real the truth must be buried there in all that data, and
even if the statistics are complicated scientists make their living
sorting out stuff like that, it can’t stay hidden forever and one year
is a long time. One year from today we could compare result.

I would also like to hear from the other side about another matter. I
have listed several things that would make me change my mind and admit
that I was wrong and psi was real, but what experimental result would
make you conclude that you were wrong and psi research is just a big
waste of time?

John K Clark