Re: impotent disorganized gods?

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 12:04:31 MST

Agreed. If/when there ever is a day in my lifetime that people are
enhancing their wetware with embedded technology, I think they should have
to wear "intel inside" or "runs on windows" stickers so we can identify
them. Considering the currently accepted level of security and stability of
commercially available technology, I would not trust that a bus driver would
not suddenly BSOD and end up killing a bus load of people - or perhaps is
'hacked' by a terrorist (for a contrived example meant only to create a
scary situation)

How come everyone is not psychic/telepathic? Maybe we are. Maybe the data
processing subsystems of the majority are so poorly developed that the best
we get is a hunch or intuitive sense about something. If (super-) mental
skills were prioritized above motor skills in early child development, kids
may be expressing their needs very differently. Unfortunately many parents
are oblivious to their children's clearly expressed needs; asking them to be
aware of more subtle metal/telepathic communication is nearly impossible.
(.. and would probably be considered illegally negligent by child services)