Re: Free Will not an illusion..

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 03:26:22 MST

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 "Thomas Buckner" <tcbevolver@yahoo.com> said:

> a truly complete illusion is not an illusion at all

I very much agree!

> The question therefore is: "Is Free Will a truly complete illusion?"

No. The question is, what the hell do you mean by this very odd phrase
“free will”? Over the years philosophers have come up with some very
very very dumb stuff, but none dumber than “free will”. They argue back
and forth about it, they squabble if a particular biological organism
called “Homo Sapiens” his this mysterious property or not, and yet never
once do they explain what the fucking hell the words “free will” could
possibly mean. Idiotic!

I don’t demand a rigorous definition, that would be asking far too much,
just give me a vague hint of what the words “free will” could possibly
mean, and then I’ll tell you if Homo Sapiens has this odd property or
not.

John K Clark

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?