Staffing an AGI team

From: Peter Voss (peter@optimal.org)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 08:58:10 MST

We currently have over 20 people from the tranhumanist community talking to
us about joining a2i2. Out of those only a few have the skills, personality
and philosophy compatible with our needs. Dozens more are very keen to work
on our project remotely (not feasible at this stage).

It's highly desirable, but not essential to have only futurists on the team.

The most difficult positions to fill have been for senior management -
mainly because the risks to the project are so high by taking on the *wrong*
person. I've come across some really good candidates, however various
problems (such as wife not willing to go along) have so far prevented us
from filling key slots. Of course some awesome CTOs were simply too rich for
us - commanding $250k cash or more.

We currently have four or five hot CTO candidates.

One big advantage we have, is that that a viable AGI project is the dream
job for just about any red-blooded computer scientist.

We expect to have about 15 to 20 full-time people on the project within a
year or so.

Peter Voss

http://adaptiveai.com/