Re: Problems with AI-boxing

From: Tim Duyzer (tim.duyzer@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 16:13:10 MDT

Perhaps it would be most effective to create a perfect simulation of our own world, and then have our virtual human counterparts research and create AI so we can safely observe the result. Oh, wait...

Unfortunately to create such a perfect simulation we would probably need AI.

What I wonder about the whole box/gatekeeper thing is why the gatekeeper has to have the power to let the AI out. If the one person who got to talk to the AI didn't have that power, and had to convince a human counterpart of why the AI had to be let out, it'd at least be a firewall of sorts. I haven't seen an answer to this anywhere on the list.