Re: Complexity tells us to maybe not fear UFAI

From: Martin Striz (mstriz@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 12:26:43 MDT

On 8/25/05, Martin Striz <mstriz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Evolution has come
> close to maximizing what's computationally possible with neural
> wetware (given a particular synaptic organization). Our brains are
> functioning at close to 100% efficiency for what they are designed to
> do.

I should add: if you want to measure the effiency of the human brain
according to how much information it can handle versus all the
information that's available in the immediate environment and what
could be done with it, then the brain is probably functioning at less
that 10^-10% efficiency, which is why the prospect of smarter than
human intelligence is so important.