RE: Star Bridge and hypercomputers

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 13:50:11 MDT

Hi Richard,

I am very interested in the issues that StarBridge was/is trying to
address... I thought a long time ago that StarBridge's hardware might be
useful for my Novamente AI project (www.agiri.org), but, when I contacted
StarBridge I realized that their tech was not ready (as well as being
insanely expensive) so I figured I'd wait for the hardware poeple to solve
all their problems...

Regarding the lateral thinking the software industry needs to do --- if I
were given a working machine like the StarBridge machine, then I could
figure out how to port significant portions of the Novamente architecture to
it. I don't think that will be a major problem. For instance, our
evolutionary-procedure-learning component would really rock on this sort of
hardware --- and totally reimplementing that one component for a special
hardware platform wouldn't be all that much work; much less than
reimplementing the whole Novamente system...

-- Ben