Re: 6 points about Coherent Extrapolated Volition

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 22:36:12 MDT

At 08:18 PM 7/24/2005 -0700, Michael Anissimov wrote:

>Theoretically, the (extremely improbable) output of CEV could merely be a
>single object, like a banana, or something along those lines, yes?

Or a supernal Golden Child, maximally inward, an enlightened buddha rather
than a bodhisattva, recursively sublime, transcending out of sight in a
flash. And this happens each time the algorithm is run.

Have I mentioned lately how much I detest the ungrammatical use of "a
volition" to denote "a preliminary AI-constructor"? You might as well refer
to it as "a banana yellow" (speaking of which), or "a bliss".

Damien Broderick