Re: The return of the revenge of qualia, part VI.

From: Chris Capel (pdf23ds@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 08:38:56 MDT

Oops. My finger slipped and I sent my mail before a final read.

On 7/23/05, Chris Capel <pdf23ds@gmail.com> wrote:
> As the alien lets the human leech of a few of the alien's neurons,

as in, "lets the human occupy a little corner of his mind"

> time passes, and the alien becomes more familiar with the process of
> reading the mind of the human, eventually the alien begins to develop

This should read "... human. Eventually ...".

> I suppose one could view this as an argument against qualia, but I see
> it only as an argument against non-reductionism.

Actually, I think it could be made into such an argument, but I didn't
go this far.

> P.S. This reply is a bit late, as the gmail web interface ate my
> draft.

And now this! I think this mail was cursed.

Chris Capel

--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"