RE: AI boxing

From: Christopher Healey (CHealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 08:39:34 MDT

> Daniel Radetsky wrote:
>
> So if I claim that the probability is infinitesimal, then
> your only basis for disagreement is pure paranoia, which I feel comfortable
> dismissing.

There is a fine line between paranoia and due diligence. Where that line falls is a product of both the probability *and* the magnitude of the risk. I'm not sure it's readily apparent, but it seems to me that the possible consequences of making an error here easily enlarge that product by multiple orders of magnitude, at a minimum. This may give a very different answer about the best probable places to spend resources on the problem.

-Chris Healey