Re: Objective versus subjective reality: which is primary?

From: Joel Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 18:11:09 MDT

Peter de Blanc wrote:
> If we inject some rigor into this, subjective reality consists of
> sensory data - in its most primitive form, a binary string. Objective
> reality, then, would be the Turing machine which produced this string.
> Occam's Razor suggests that, of the multiple Turing machines which
> produce this string, the smallest one is most likely to describe the
> universe.
>
> Is there any need to say more on the subject?

In addition, different observers would recieve different chunks of the
string being produced. So each observer would have their own subjective
view about the smallest Turing machine that would create the string they
received.

Combine the strings, overlapping where appropriate, and you can
formulate an objective reality which is correct insofar as the number of
observaters/observations. This objective reality is again the smallest
turing program to produce the string, and the more we observe it the
more complex the program. Just like reality! ;P

Joel