RE: Universe identity (was: Fighting UFAI)

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 02:26:16 MDT

Hell, the "Self" is the most anthropomorphic term there is, I confess what I'm
getting at is somewhat difficult to define in the western positivist sense of
consistency. I guess I'm suggesting inclusive identity is a way to get around
the Godel problem of recursive self-improvement, if the desired values to keep
are inclusive, there are no values to lose amidst change. I am aware theres
significantly more to it to get inclusive identity from including a dominant
phase space populated by little tiles, its just a nice idea which I hope could
be useful to someone's FAI designs, the whole notion is really an intended
intuition for the AGI to be guided by. Of course, if the Penrose hypothesis
proves tenable this might just prove elegant.