Re: The grey goo draws closer

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 04:21:44 MDT

--- Phillip Huggan <cdnprodigy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> under present realities, an
> AI of less than assured friendliness might be
> less risky than facing the run-up to MNT;
> turning on a "buggy" GAI system might be the
> only defence against an emergent MNT enabled
> tyranny.

Although I somewhat agree with this, I suspect
Eliezer would not; his position is that imperfect
GAI is far, far more dangerous than almost anyone
realizes. Both he and Ben have gone fairly silent
on the list, which I think may actually be a good
thing, since it implies they are too busy doing
actual work on the problem to chatter about it
with us.

Tom Buckner

Yahoo! Mail