RE: There is No Altruism

From: David Massoglia (dmassoglia@pontiac.k12.mi.us)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 15:35:24 MST

Interesting replies to altruism. Ettinger's whole book (Youniverse) is
based upon that we do everything, and he means everything, for ourselves to
feel good (me first, feel good). That premise seems reasonable.

So, I am left with he is right or that his premise is flawed (at least
sometimes) for reasons given or some other reason (or something?). (I am
still studying reasons given, but will default to the above position until I
understand the other reasons). If this premise is wrong, the whole book may
be flawed.

Thanks for the lively, interesting discussion on this.

David