RE: basic BayesCraft training?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 12:00:47 MST

I believe what Marc really wants to say here is NOT that Bayes theorem is
"broken" (clearly it's correct math), but rather that explicitly applying
Bayesian inference is not a computationally feasible strategy in most cases.
So it's the idea that "intelligence should be achieved primarily via
explicit application of Bayes Theorem" that is broken.

IMO, explicit application of Bayes Theorem can play a role in intelligence
but it certainly can't be the ONLY tool used by an intelligence to figure
out how to achieve its goals (because of aforementioned computational
feasibility problems).

-- Ben G