Join: Peter de Blanc

From: Peter de Blanc (peter.deblanc@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 15:34:12 MST

Hi. I'm an undergraduate mathematics student at Temple University. I've also had some classes in physics and computer science, including Pei Wang's AI class.

Lately I've been doing some work with genetic algorithms, but I've decided to put that on hold, even though I doubt my work is advanced enough to be dangerous, because I realized that I don't know how to tell if something is dangerous.

I'm pretty well acquainted with a lot of bad ideas, so I'm currently bringing myself up to speed by going through the book lists posted on the wiki.

In case I sounded too modest so far, I'm very talented at mathematics and computer programming, and I usually manage a good approximation of rationality when it counts. I've done my share of playing around with simple chatterbots, game players, neural networks, evolution, symbolic math systems, and re-discovery of many well-known algorithms, mostly in MOO, but lately in more sane languages. I also waste time on games like Go, but right now I'm trying to become more productive.