Re: Ethics (was FAI (aka 'Reality Hacking'))

From: Sebastian Hagen (sebastian_hagen@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 14:05:12 MST

Jef Allbright wrote:
> Sebastian, I don't know if you're actually doing reductio ad absurdum or
> playing devil's advocate here, but I don't see how you could promote a
I was attempting to do the former; sorry if it wasn't obvious.

> appears to be an obvious example of trying to derive ought from is.
You are correct, it is an obvious example for that. However, that imho
also applies to inferring that something ("maximum creativity,
self-expression, and play") is of objective ethical/moral value from the
universe appearing to be designed to promote it.

Sebastian Hagen