Re: singularitarian premises

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 23:07:15 MST

On Jan 25, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Daniel Radetsky wrote:
> Hello. I haven't posted here for some time now, but now I need some
> information.
> I'm working on a criticism of collective volition, but to do that, I
> need to
> establish that singularitarians hold certain beliefs. I wonder if any
> of you
> would care to agree/disagree/comment on the following:

Some who would self-identify as singularitarian don't
hold opinions on those things you asked. I'm one such.
Some of us (me, at least) would suggest that there is
so little reason to expect AI to be Friendly that the
risks of development of molecular assemblers or genetic
engineering are small in comparison, and that as those
are tractable now, they deserve more attention and
funding.

--
Randall Randall <randall@randallsquared.com>
What if someone said; Promise lies ahead