Re: quantum suicide [was pi]

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 23:39:57 MST

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:31:03 -0800 (PST), Martin Striz
<metastriz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Interestingly, does anyone with a stronger background in physics than my one
> year of undergrad have an opinion on this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality

It's philosophy, not physics. Consider: does it make any publicly
testable predictions? No. It makes a _personally_ testable prediction,
but not a publicly testable one.

(That doesn't mean it's wrong, or for that matter that it's right. It
simply means it's not in the domain of topics which fall under the
heading of "science", but instead is in the domain called
"philosophy", and that if you want to form an opinion about it, that
must be done by armchair thought rather than observation.)

> Sorry, this may be getting off topic.

Is it? I think it qualifies as SL4 if anything I've ever heard of does ^.^

- Russell