Re: Definition of strong recursive self-improvement

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 14:09:53 MST

I am not sure I see the difficulty. If one has ways of measuring
correctness/degree of fit to a goal of results given problem context
and the efficiency with which a nominally correct solution was arrived
at and means for tweaking the mechanisms employed to reach the
solution then even something like a GA is in principle capable of
generating progressive improvments to the system.

I don't see that recursive self-improvment requires that the
[super]goal itself is changing. So what is the problem?

-s