A New Year's gift for Bayesians

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 22:03:59 MST

Happy New Year! Here's a little something to start off the year. It's a
holiday so you've got plenty of time to read, right?

http://yudkowsky.net/bayes/technical.html

"A Technical Explanation of Technical Explanation"

TechExp is a sequel to the _Intuitive Explanation of Bayesian Reasoning_.
In the beginning of TechExp there's some new math that wasn't in the
_Intuitive Explanation_, but after that TechExp dives straight into human
rationality and philosophy of science.

I'm glad I can finally publish this. There have been many times in recent
online conversations when I wished I could refer to it.

PS: The Singularity Institute made the 33.3% public support threshold.
Forward the Singularity!