Re: {Semi-Fluff} Anti-Singularitarianism

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 05:07:27 MST

Well this is certainly possible on the basis of what we (don't) know
about consciousness, but I would not bet on it yet. Another
possibility is that whenever a computed being becomes computationally
complex enough to create the exact appearance of a thinking thing
(always passing the Turing test), it is actually thinking. In other
words thinking that you are thinking, feeling your thoughts, (or any
of the other short sentences with which we try to capture a definition
of consciousness) is a byproduct of having a computational complexity
sufficient to pass the Turing test.