Re: What about MWI of QM as regards dead loved ones?

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 22:46:15 MST

http://www.hitbang.net/2004/12/shadows-and-smeared-selves.php

> Would love hearing your comments.
> G.

Interesting Guilio. Yes I agree that talk of 'Many
Worlds' and different 'time tracks'' is really only a
pictorial device which is a rough approximation. I
also like the 'shadow'analogy.

It's an intriguing idea that the 'source' of the "I"
is an actual conscisousness capable of perceiving all
the alternative branches at once. Personally though,
I doubt it. I have a different theory. I think it is
more likely that conscious experience can only be
associated with perception of individual QM branches.
That is, I hypothesize that the 'source' does not have
sufficient coherence to give rise to consciousness.

=====
                                                    - Gen. John Stark

"The Universe...or nothing!"
                            -H.G.Wells