Re: Quantum Weirdness

From: Jeff Medina (analyticphilosophy@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 15:53:23 MST

Dani,

A photon, not being an observer, has no point of view, and thus the
'problem' of relativistic spacetime corrections for a photon's
reference class is ill-founded and meaningless.

Harvey,

Whoa. I currently find MW the most plausible interpretation of quantum
physics, and I don't subscribe to *ANY* of the drivel you just
attributed to MW theorists. Messianic rapture? Were you mauled by a
gang of MWI-spouting mafia at some point or something? Perhaps you're
not clear on what the MWI is, or the arguments for it?
Pardon my incredulity, but I find your statement offensive; and doubly
so due to your having presented zero justification for your strange
slander.

Both Dani & Harvey,

While it's clear neither of you find MW plausible, neither of you have
forwarded any actual criticisms of MW. "Eh, I don't think we have the
right perspective yet" isn't a rational criticism of a physical
theory.

Call me crazy for suggesting this, but how 'bout we avoid dismissing a
posit of physics found plausible by a number of actual physicists
(something no one speaking herein are, regardless of my and Dani's
univ physics studies) without providing some well thought out reasons,
whattayasay?