Wired

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 21:51:16 MST

 From the latest Wired Magazine:

                    Clear Pictures of How We Think
                           By Rowan Hooper

We've all had recourse to say: "My head tells me to do one thing, but
my heart says do the other." Sometimes we are forced to make a
decision but we feel ourselves to be pulled in opposite directions by
reason and emotion.

Thanks to an innovation that has transformed the study of the mind,
scientists are now able to see precisely what happens in the brain in
situations like this. For the first time in history we are getting
close to answering the question of whether the heart rules the head.

The progress is due to functional magnetic-resonance imaging, or fMRI."

Remainder of article is at:

      http://wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,65775,00.html