Re: META: Memes and War [was: Tomorrow is a new day]

From: Jef Allbright (jef@jefallbright.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 22:04:30 MST

Bantz, Michael S (UMC-Student) wrote:

>"Paradox is always a matter of insufficient context."
>
>Except for the class of all classes that is not a member of itself, right? I.E. This statement is a lie, etc.
>-Michael

No, this "paradox" is also a case of insufficient context.

Within the limited context of the linguistic system it appears
paradoxical, but within a larger context, it is quite obvious that the
symbols in that statement are part of a linguistic system that permits
such constructions but has no correspondingly paradoxical referents in
the larger "reality".

Shortcut: In the bigger picture, all the pieces fit.

- Jef