Re: Calculemus

From: Christian Szegedy (szegedy@or.uni-bonn.de)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 12:54:32 MST

Ben Goertzel wrote:

>One key point is that, while embodiment and physical experience are
>certainly not necessary guidance for theorem-provers *in general*, it
>happens that our existent mathematics is HUMAN mathematics which is mostly
>metaphorically grounded in human experience (spatial geometry, language,
>etc.).

Here our intuitions seem to differ considerably. I believe in some kind
of ojective
usefulness-measure of mathematical statements which is independent of
human thinking. I think that the mathematics has cruccial points, that
are observable and reachable by different kinds of inutition.

For the time being, this is a moot point, since currenly there is only
one kind of
mathematical intuition:: human.