RE: Human mind not Turing computable according to Eliezer?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 19:34:52 MDT

Hi,

Barbour's view is considerably subtler than traditional entropy-based views
of time, and doesn't really have entropy as a central concept. I think his
book is a very good one.

Another very good book on time & physics is "Time and Chance," by David
Albert. His position is not quite identical to Barbour's, and in some ways
I think he's more insightful, though he's more hesitant to take a definitive
point of view...

Clearly there are subtle truths in this area that no one has yet understood.

-- Ben G