Re: Human mind Turing computable according to Eliezer

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 23:43:54 MDT

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:00:20PM -0400, Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:
> I find it increasingly hard to justify any effort that is not on a direct
> line to FAI.

As one of your supporters, I am absolutely fine with hearing you say
"I don't have time for that" on anything other than FAI (and, as a
side effect, explaining your moral philosophy in as much as it
relates to initial FAI content and structure).

In fact, it's my preference.

> It's a fascinating problem, but *explaining* the problem is not on
> a direct line to FAI, unless someone offers me a large incentive
> to do so.

What, exactly, is a fascinating problem (IOW, please de-reference
"It's")? What's a large incentive?

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"