re: Human mind Turing computable according to Eliezer

From: Mitchell Porter (mitchtemporarily@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 18:28:08 MDT

Eliezer, I've often asked myself what your new, non-mysterious
theory of consciousness *is*. You tell us to embrace mundane
reductionism, but that doesn't answer the question. Everything
that is, is physical, you seem to say. So: does consciousness
exist or not? If it does exist, what sort of physical entity
is it, and how are the various subjective attributes of
consciousness explained? If it does not exist, then in what
terms am I to interpret the fact of my own existence, and my
awareness of it?

Searching for that dream home? Try http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au for
all your property needs.