Re: The Future of Human Evolution

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 00:18:49 MDT

On Sep 26, 2004, at 9:52 AM, Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:

> We know how morality evolved. We know how it's implemented in humans.
> We know how human psychology treats it. ('We' meaning humanity's
> accumulated scientific knowledge - I understand that not everyone is
> familiar with the details.)

That is a real understatement. AFAIK we have various theories and
models with various levels of supporting evidence, predictive ability
and so on. I am not aware that this qualifies as "we now how it's
implemented in humans". Please give some more sources, arguments and
so on to support this claim. I am aware of a few iterations of your
suggested reading lists. Do you have new additions? I must have
missed something.

- samantha