Re: Questions for Eliezer, SIAI and consciousness

From: J. Andrew Rogers (andrew@ceruleansystems.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:03:57 MDT

sam kayley wrote:
> What probability do you give for consciousness involving strange physics?

"strange" physics? How is that different from normal physics?

I would put the probability of some as of yet undiscovered attribute of
physics being required to explain consciousness as hovering just above
zero. Since there are plenty of strong theories that do not require
"strange physics", I would invoke Occam's Razor here.

j. andrew rogers