RE: SIAI: Donate Today and Tomorrow

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 15:13:19 MDT

It is quite possible to publish academic papers without having a Ph.D.
There are plenty of grad students publishing papers, and plenty of industry
research scientists without Ph.D's publishing papers....

Since papers in serious journals are peer-reviewed, the reviewers of the
papers don't have any way of knowing if the author has a Ph.D. or not.
However, in a marginal case where a paper gets marginal reviews, the editor
has discretion, and in that case the decision re publication may depend on
the status of the author...

-- Ben G