Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: fatherjohn@club-corsica.com
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 20:03:15 MDT

Re: Tic Tac Toe

Just to expand on my previous thought, envision a graph that showed
intelligence versus tic tac toe playing ability. I imagine that you'd
get a curve that went steadily upward and then levelled off after a
while. Once you get to a certain level, additional intelligence won't
help much.

Similarly, one could imagine a chess program a thousand times better
than Deep Blue (whatever that means) playing a chess program a million
times better. I expect that most of the time, the games would be
drawn.

It seems to fatherjohn that many, if not most endeavors, have a point
of diminishing returns. By the same reasoning, I am reasonably
confident that a SAI could not convince me to let it out. Even if it
were a million times smarter than me.

By the way, nobody's messaged me yet.

Etes vous prêt : http://www.club-corsica.com
Le 1er quotidien d'infos Corse sur le net