Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 15:33:20 MDT

fatherjohn@club-corsica.com wrote:

> By the way, fatherjohn has a question for folks who are so worshipfull
> of SAI: Do you think that somebody a million times smarter than you
> could beat you at tic-tac-toe?

I think someone a million times richer than me could beat me at tic-tac-toe
via a fairly straightforward strategy. Someone a million times smarter
than me? Sure. No question. There's a thousand ways and those are just
the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Real life isn't like math
because in real life there's always a way to cheat.