Re: Final draft of my philosophical platform now on line

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 19:08:34 MDT

On Aug 16, 2004, at 8:07 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
> At 01:40 PM 16/08/04 -0400, you wrote:
>> Such a meme, becoming at least temporarily and locally dominant,
>> *causes*
>> times of increasing wealth.
> I don't believe you can demonstrate this.

There are already lots of well-researched tomes out there
demonstrating it. If you're interested, I can point you
at some offlist.

> I can certainly demonstrate that wealth such as the Saudi's obtained
> from oil had little to do with a non-initiation of force as a
> political philosophy.

The Saudis would have had to have a very dysfunctional political
system indeed to have failed to capitalize on that much found wealth,
but even so, I don't think I would characterize their society as one
of increasing wealth, but decreasing.

> I also think that if Easter Island had been populated entirely with
> libertarians just before their 90-95% population crash it would have
> made no difference. (Except perhaps in the names of the memes each
> side used to dehumanize the other side prior to killing them.)

I don't know to what extent the Easter Islanders would have been
helped by a market system, since I know little about that situation.

--
Randall Randall <randall@randallsquared.com>
Property law should use #'EQ , not #'EQUAL .