3 Laws Unsafe - Promotion

From: Tyler Emerson (emerson@intelligence.org)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 14:16:14 MDT

The film "I, Robot" is now out and "3 Laws Unsafe is ready at
http://www.asimovlaws.com. I am asking that others help spread
the word about our new site in any useful way they can imagine.
The benefits of this opportunity are truly large, but we must
have numerous people promoting through friends, acquaintances,
websites, blogs, forums, mailing lists, newsgroups and so on.
Be creative. Think carefully about what can be done, and do it.

(Oh, and try not to be evil...)

We have at least a two-week window where people will possibly
be more interested than normally to explore the website and
tell others. Since promotion began (especially with the /.
and BoingBoing announcement), we've received around 40 more
newsletter subscribers and four new volunteers, including
someone who conveys promise as a seed AI researcher. We can
push the awareness of this website *much* further, and
continue improving it so that people come back; but to do
this we must have more than simply a few people pushing.

If you aren't sure what you could do, just email me. Thanks.

***

Requests that come to mind (I'll send more later):

1. Link "3 Laws Unsafe" from your site or blog. A nice text
link would be "3 Laws Unsafe: Asimov's Laws & I, Robot."

2. Please give me the name and email of any journalist or
or editor who should see our press release:
http://www.asimovlaws.com/release.pdf

3. Tell other bloggers, with subtlety, about the site.

4. Post on appropriate site forums. For example:
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x
http://forums.anandtech.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343818/board/threads/
http://forums.firingsquad.com/firingsquad/board?board.id=movies
http://www.ai-forum.org/forum.asp?forum_id=1

***

After a day of promotion, we've been linked from the following
websites. It's pretty amazing what's possible, even when only
a few individuals are making effort. If more people began helping
out, the Singularity Institute would benefit substantially.

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/07/16/i_robot_movie_releas.html
http://features.slashdot.org/features/04/07/16/1456201.shtml?tid=9&tid=214&t
id=97
http://www.betterhumans.com/