RE: Geddes's 'Moral Perturbation Theory'

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 13:43:03 MDT

I have had the same qualms about the nature of qualia that Eugen expresses
here. It has always seemed tautological to assert that subjectivity (or
qualia) must be special because it feels special to the one who experiences
it. Better than the way I have just put it, though, is what Eugen wrote:

"Experiences only look special from the inside of the system."

I'd like to use that as a tag line in my sig, with credit given to its
author. OK Eugen?

Regards,

Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com
mlatorra@nmsu.edu

"For any man to abdicate an interest in science is to walk with open eyes
towards slavery."
-- Jacob Bronowski

Member:
Extropy Institute: www.extropy.org